I was looking for a paint sprayer that I could use for priming since I don’t use primer in my Graco Magnum X5 due to the difficulty in cleaning it afterwards. After reading a lot of reviews I settled on the Critter 118SG Siphon Gun. I purchased mine through Amazon for $39.00. And it worked like a charm. I have some tips listed below that I think will help anyone who is considering purchasing this item.
Tips for using the Critter 118SG Siphon Gun-
1. If you’re using paint that’s been sitting around a while you MUST strain it so it doesn’t clog the nozzle. If you do produce a clog unscrew the liquid nozzle, remove the clog then reapply the nozzle.
2. Play with the PSI on your air compressor, you only need 30 psi to . Depending on the viscosity of the paint, stain or primer you’re using you will need to find the correct PSI to produce the best spray.
3. Adjust the nozzle to be sure you are getting the best spray control.
4. Use a piece of cardboard to practice spraying before tackling your project.
5. That’s it! The Critter is extremely easy to use and the clean up is easy too. The gun does get paint on it and there is a hole that allows air to flow through the metal top that did bubble up with paint but other than that it’s a great gun!
Here is the air compressor I used and the specifications-
Kobalt 1.8-HP 8-Gallon 150-PSI 120-Volt Horizontal Electric Air Compressor
Overall I would give the Critter 118SG Siphon Gun 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Critter has not compensated me in anyway to write this post. This is just one chick’s unpaid opinion and her love for Critter…