Pumpkin Spice fever has hit my home so from now until Christmas I will be drinking and eating my weight in Pumpkin Spice everything! Demetra @ Sweet Savant on YouTube invited anyone who wished to participate to show their favorite Pumpkin Spice recipe so she could compile the ultimate Pumpkin Spice recipe playlist. My contribution to this playlist was for my Pumpkin Pie Spiced Candied Nuts.
- 12 oz. raw mixed nuts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 4 tbls. butter
- 2 tbls. water
- Toast nuts in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Stir nuts constantly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice and butter. Stir until well combined.
- Add water and stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and pour nuts in an even layer onto parchment paper.
- Allow them to cool completely, about 10 minutes, break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.